Online Festival 2020 | Child Protection Policy
NEA recognise that:
- The welfare of every competitor is paramount.
- All competitors, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation, or identity have the right to equal protection from all forms of abuse.
- Working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers, guardians, and any related agencies is essential in promoting individual’s welfare.
The purpose of the policy is,
- To provide protection for the children and young competitors who take part in the NEA festivals, including the children of festival members and to provide staff and volunteers with guidance and knowledge, on the correct practices, in the event of suspicion, that a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of harm.
We will endeavour to safeguard competitors by:
- Listening to, respecting, and valuing each competitor.
- Ensuring child protection guidelines are in place through procedures and safe working practice for all staff and volunteers.
- Recruiting staff and volunteers in a safe and considered manner, with all necessary safeguarding checks in place.
- Ensuring that all information regarding child protection and safe working procedure is shared fully with all competitors, parents, staff, and volunteers.
- Sharing any concerns about safety with the necessary agencies and appropriate involvement of parents and children.